Dear Readers
Nowadays I could see a tremendous response from you all, views by page have gone up. It is an honor to me and many thanks for reading this simple blog.
Let's start the story now. Back in 2016, just a few weeks before Diwali festival, I started experiencing an extremely severe pain on the neck. It reached its peak a week before the festival, I was completely bedridden.
My family and my wife tried a range of Natural home remedies. Unfortunately, none of them paved the way for the recovery. I could not walk, sit and stand on my own. I decided to go and meet a Orthopedician. As it is a big festival in india, Senior doctors were not available. My manager advised me to go to Sparrc as he and his colleagues were regularly taking physiotherapy from that center.
I respected his advice and went to Sparrc clinic. Dr Kannan was not available in the branch near my residence, so to meet him I had to travel 30 kilometers additionally to a different branch. He diagnosed my muscles and bones and said it was due to the bad roads I travel in my bike. He suggested a ten day long therapy session.
I paid close to 10000 rupees and began taking the session from the branch near my home. To my surprise, I could feel the relief in two days. I understood why so many people from young age to old age are waiting to consult him every day for body aches. It is really a true social service that deserves huge appreciation from all of us.
Before the launch of his center, surgery was the only solution available to the people. He has truly changed that perspective and saved many people like me. One of the therapists there told me that MRI scan findings may differ center to center. A few may say l2 needs surgery and other may say l4.
First twist in the story now, they divided the whole therapy session into two. First five days they did the therapy. They asked me to do the exercises myself in the second half. While doing it, situation has started worsening again. I told the therapist that my pain seemed to be returning. He was also shocked and then a list of instructions were given to me.
Don't carry weight. Don't drive bike for a long distance, etc.
A day before the last therapy, he asked me to take a picture of myself while doing the office work. we need to forget about everything except this line. After looking at the picture, It was found that my posture needed a correction.
If you sit straight (entire backbone has to be straight) and keep your arms in the arm rest and your foots on the ground, you can work for even ten hours. That's when I realized all these were caused by my posture.
If no arm rest, shoulders put the load on the neck, it then impacts your entire back bone. This simple trick keeps me doing my regular work as usual. I need to talk about yoga in a different post.
Thanks for reading, Stay Healthy! Jai Hind!
Comments
Post a Comment