Dear Readers
Hope you all are doing well!
Today, Let's look at our long term experience with our Beloved Nexon which I bought in 2023.
Due to some urgent need, I was looking for a used car. Remembering those days is really a good memory. I used to look at all the online forums to find the direct seller. After a week of search, I was able to get the direct owner cars and spoke to some of them over Phone.
I finalized one of the cars from the list I prepared. It was a white Suzuki Dezire, owned by a Lady for about 10 years and sparingly used just 30000 kilometer. I tried to find the service history of the car from a nearby Suzuki service center. They were so kind and allowed me to look at the history in their system. One blocker here is that you can't have a hard or soft copy of it.
I also planned to have an expert mechanic inspection before paying the advance. I found two persons, one is Mr.Saravanan and another one is Mr.Iliyas. Another opportunity to know about an honest person, the car mechanic Iliyas. Reason is that he immediately shared the service history of the car number I shared to him. I told him that I pay for each report I received. He genuinely refused any payment and said If he could help me on the purchase that was more than enough for him. Such a wonderful person he is.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/SpimhNNvmcBYJ6r39
The white Dezire car was at the different corner of the City So I reached out to Mr Saravanan whose workshop is closely located. Mr Saravanan inspected the car, test drove it, I test drove it too and finally he said we could go ahead to purchase. However, Unfortunately I could not get permission from my spouse for the used car. So I had to give up that option after a long search.
After a few days, One Sunday around 1 PM, I found an advertisement showing some offers on Tata cars. Since It was in budget of 10 Lakhs, I initially enquired about Altroz. Sales agent told me that the next immediate level car Nexon was also in my budget. Within two hours, we went to the Showroom and paid the advance. And, that's how Nexon entered our life in the year 2023.
I did not know much about Nexon, after taking the delivery we went to a temple and reached our home. A surprise was waiting for me, which is nothing but the low mileage we get from Tata cars. It just showed 8 KMPL. I called the showroom immediately and they convinced It would improve over the years.
The very next day, Since the sales agent told me that It has a hill-hold feature I was over confident. We were waiting in a signal and it was almost a ramp. To move the car after Green signal, I used clutch and shifted the gear to 1. I did not apply break as it was assumed to control itself with Hill-hold feature. Shockingly, It did not stop, went backward, hit the traveler van which was behind me and left a dent in the rear panel.
Till now, the mileage remains same if you travel within city. If the traffic congestion is less, It might provide us with 10 - 12 KMPL. Highways, It is really doing well in terms of fuel efficiency. 15 - 16 in Sports mode, 17 - 19 in City mode. I don't use Eco mode much.
Let's discuss another thrilling experience with Nexon in a different article.
Thanks for reading and Stay Healthy!

Comments
Post a Comment