Skip to main content

Will AI takeover our jobs

 Dear Readers

            Hope you all are doing well!

            This is talk of the town at the moment globally. AI really seems to have amazed everyone in the world with its beyond imagination capability in all the sectors. As a software developer I was asked to do some tasks with AI.            


            Initially, when I did not have any idea about AI, I did not try anything and continued focus on my regular work. Since they kept asking the progress in multiple meetings, I spent some time trying to see what can be automated using AI.

            The moment started to work on it; I was completely shocked and did not come out of it for a while. Whatever the tasks you are prompting, irrespective of the technology, it was able accomplish it within a few minutes. After building a small tool with that, I was looking at some other window. 

            Next action was something clearly indicated that this is not something we have seen so far in the technology. It asked me, "Do you want me to do the testing myself?". Unbelievable, it was fully ready to test the tool I built with a sample input file. Since I did not look at it for a while, AI itself thought about the next action and prompted me. 

            Having said this, let's come to the original topic. Can it take over the jobs from us? In my opinion, technology can enhance the work we do; however, it can't entirely replace our work. I myself was disappointed with the way it works sometimes. 

            Let's look at what happened when computer was launched a few decades ago. It has definitely taken our work to a new height. A few examples could be ticket booking, digital documents, virtual classrooms, etc. To be frank, it has reduced the number of jobs considerably. On the other hand, it opened the gate for computer manufacturing firms, software firms, hardware service industry, etc. So, the overall effect is more or less neutralized in terms of jobs.

            Undoubtedly, AI will have a huge impact in our day-to-day life. you will see the magic in every single thing we use on a daily basis. It also means AI organizations and the number of people working on AI will be growing at the same pace.

            Thanks for reading, I would be more than happy to see your opinion in the comments section.


            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes Life 100 percent

Dear Readers Just a story from my own experience In our life, there are many qualities we have such as patience, talent, knowledge, etc. Though we have all these, do you know which one makes your life 100 percent.  Let’s find it using a mathematical calculation. Firstly, Knowledge –   Sum up the place value of each character.                                         –       11 + 14 + 15 + 23 + 12 + 5 + 4 + 7 + 5 = 96 Then, Health – 8 + 5 + 1 + 12 + 20 + 8 = 54 Money – 13 + 15 + 14 + 5 + 25 = 72. Peace – 16 + 5 + 1 + 3 + 4 = 24 Oh, No. none of these 100%. All of our favorite things have gone. What else does it. Let’s try a new one, Attitude – 1 + 20 + 20 + 9 + 20 + 21 + 4 + 5 = 100, wow. Finally, we got it. It is our Attitude make the life 100%. Always have a positive, healthy, and good attitude. That’s more than enough....

A True Inspiration for me

 Dear Readers          Today I am going to write about my college friend and how he has become an inspiration to me.                                  Let's go for a flash back, in the year 2006 I had to join Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering as I did not have sufficient financial background to join Bachelor of Engineering.          There I met so many good people in my life. One of them is Kiruba, my close friend till date.           He was a normal student, average scoring in academics and known for his good conduct. The day I came to know about his family responsibilities I was shocked. Some of us might have seen in movies, one guy who has more sisters has to work day and night to discharge his family duties.          He has one elder sister and two younger sisters. He nev...

Opportunity knocked at the door

 Dear Readers          This is an interesting story about the most famous Tamil comedian.           One fine day, natural actor, director and producer Mr Rajkiran went to Madurai for a marriage function. He went there by train from Chennai. He took part in the Marriage and returned to his hotel room.            It was just 10 AM in the morning and his return train to Chennai would start at 10 PM in the night. Just to give him a company till he onboarded the train, the family which conducted the marriage sent a helper with him.          That particular helper talked about different stories from his village and kept Mr Rajkiran engaged. He truly enjoyed his company because of his innocence and native accent.          After returning to Chennai, Mr Rajkiran got back to his busy movie schedule and forgot this incident totally. One day, for his movi...